Last Updated 20/06/2018
Your privacy is important and we are committed to doing everything we can to protect any personal data that you give to us. Please continue reading this Privacy Notice to understand how we use and protect your personal data. If you have any questions about what we do with your personal data after reading this notice, feel free to contact us using the contact details provided below.
This Privacy Notice covers all platforms through which we offer our services, this includes our Website and where you interact with us on social media such as Facebook (in which case you should also refer to those social media sites’ privacy notices).
The data controller of the personal data referred to in this Privacy Notice is Clipstill. All references in this Privacy Notice: to our “Website” refer to the website at www.clipstill.com, to “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Clipstill; and to “you” and “your” are to you, the user.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
When you place an order with, you will be required to provide us with certain information, including your name, e-mail address.
Personal data you give to us about others
If you placing an order on behalf of someone else we may require personal data about them, for example their name and email address. It is your responsibility to ensure that anyone who you have provided personal data about is aware and happy that you have done so and is aware of how we use and process their information.
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we will automatically collect certain information such as your IP address, the date and time you accessed the Website, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your visit, including pages you viewed and interaction information using cookies.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is placed on the browser of your computer, tablet or mobile device by us. This information is then sent back to our systems and recorded as you move around our website. Cookies are unique to the browser that you are using, so if you use both a mobile and computer to access our site, different data will be collected for each.
There are both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for the length of time that you visit our site and are deleted once you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your browser ready for use the next time you visit our website. Like most sites, we use a combination of both.
What types of cookies do we use?
The following are the types of cookies that our website uses:
- Technical cookies. These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you carry out searches.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to gain an insight into how visitors use our website, so we can improve it. We are able to count the number of visitors and review which pages they visit. We also use these cookies to monitor which marketing activities are generating traffic to our website.
- Targeting / Third Party cookies These cookies may be used by us, social networking sites, other third-party suppliers and/or advertisers to record your visits to our website and enable interaction with you once you have left our website. The information obtained is used to personalise any adverts that you see for our products, whether they appear on our website or on third party websites.
We will collect the IP address of the device you are using to access our website (e.g. your phone, mobile, laptop or home computer IP address) when you visit our website. From this we may be able to identify the approximate location of the device you are using to visit our website and the domain that it is using to access the Internet.
We use these cookies in the following ways:
- Marketing: If you receive our marketing messages, including emails, it is likely that we will link the information that we obtain through cookies with your email registration details so we can tailor the information we send to you, unless you tell us not to. Remember that you can opt-out in every email we send to you.
Third Party Provider Tracking
What can you do about cookies?
If you would like to learn more about cookies and how to manage and delete them, you can visit the help section of your browser. Here, you should be able to control which cookies you accept and reject or you can ask to be notified when a cookie is set.
Please note that if you choose not to accept certain technical or functional cookies, you may not be able to use all of our website feature.
What do we do with your personal data?
Once we have collected the information about you, it will be used for the following purposes:
- Orders: Put simply, we will use your personal data to process your order.
- To communicate with you in relation to your order: We will use the contact information you have previously shared with us to communicate with you in relation to your order and to provide you with information relevant to your order.
- Customer Services: You are free to contact us at any time, whether this is a general query, a question about your order or to report a problem on our website. We will use the information that you have provided to help us answer any questions and respond to your query (along with any future queries that you may have).
- Corporate transaction: We may use your data in connection with a corporate transaction such as the sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation or asset sale.
- Improving our services: Sometimes we will use your data to help us improve the quality and functionality of the services that we offer. This includes:
- analysing your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
- troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and for statistical and survey purposes by us, all of which helps us to provide the best service that we can.
- in some circumstances we may send data about our website and app users in aggregate, anonymised or pseudonymised form to third parties for them to provide these services to us.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you under the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: If we have obligations under a contract with you, we will use your information to perform our obligations to you. For example, if you place an order on our Website, we will use the information that you provide us with complete and administer the order with the relevant third party suppliers.
- Legitimate interests: We will use your information for our own legitimate interests, for example, to provide you with the best suitable content on our Website, to improve and promote our services and for our own administrative purposes including creating and maintaining business records of our relationship with you.
- Legal requirements/vital interests: In some cases, we will have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you (for example, for us to comply with tax laws which require us to collect and retain records of products and services that we sell).
How and where will your data be processed?
Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. Whilst we do our best to protect your personal data, no information transferred over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you provide your information at your own risk.
When do we share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances we do share your personal data with parties outside of Clipstill. The third parties who we share your personal data with include:
- Third party service providers: This includes anyone who provides services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, advertising, administration of competitions and promotions, collection of customer feedback and customer service. We use these service providers to process your data on our behalf, this may be to send our marketing material or to collate information that can be analysed to improve our service. They have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use information for any other purpose. Where we provide data to third party service providers for them to provide data analysis or statistical services for us, we will only ever send them aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised data.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights (including to investigate any suspected fraudulent or other criminal activity), or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Potential Buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal data only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- Any other person (with your consent to the disclosure).
Retention of your personal data
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data (for example, to provide products or services to you or to retain records to manage any claims which you or we may have in respect of the products and services we provide to you), we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data, you can do so at any time.
- You can object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. The Information Commissioner’s Office is the data protection authority for the UK.
If you would like to exercise any of your above rights please contact us using the contact details provided below. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact us at: